I’ve been trying to read a lot more lately. At night, I pick up a book for a couple chapters as opposed to grabbing my iPad or phone and going on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. I’ve gone through most of the books I have on hand, and am looking for new ideas. Here’s what’s currently on my list.
- Rena’s Promise – It’s the true story of two sisters who were on the very first transport to Auschwitz. I love historical fiction, and historical non-fiction in story form. This book has gotten some great reviews. It may not be the most uplifting, but a good read nonetheless.
- A Stolen Life: A Memoir – Some have said that the book was a little confusing to read because of Jaycee’s 5th grade education level and stream-of-consciousness style of writing, however it seems extremely interesting.
- Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption – Survival in WWII. Love personal accounts of stuff like this.
- The Reason I Jump – After reading Room, by Emma Donoghue, I developed an interest for books about children, especially written from their perspective. The Reason I Jump is a look into the mind of an autistic boy, and is said to help people maybe understand Autism a little bit more.
- Waiting For Romeo – I actually just bought this book on my Kindle app, and am planning on reading it this afternoon while I relax in the sunshine. It’s a typical teenage love story, but it seems like a good, quick read.
- And most of all, my plan is to read all the books on this list, by the time I turn 30 (so, 3 1/2 more years…).
What books do you recommend, and why?